Sunday 22 May 2011

Villagers at the Sheperds Bush Empire

I had an amazing evening yesterday, seeing Villagers. Michelle Stodart (from the Magic Numbers) was supporting and I really liked her music. I used to listen to The Magic Numbers a few years ago, but I'd never heard her by herself before, and she was really really good. She's got an album coming out quite soon, so keep an eye open for it!
   Anyway, on to the Villagers! They were fantastic. We were right at the front, so had a great view, and it meant that the music was really loud. They made a lot of their quieter songs a lot more raucous - or as I liked to say, they electric guitarified them. Conor O'Brian, for a small man, has an immensely powerful and haunting voice, and his beautiful lyrics definitely deserve the Ivor Novello award that he recently won.






1 comment:

  1. Looks like an awesome evening! http://thearcenciel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...